Friday, June 24, 2016

1956 Canadian Cent

With a limited number of Canadian cents out in the wild now finding them is becoming a little more difficult. Still there are billions out there so it is not rare at all.

Reverse of 1956 Canadian Cent, date, maple leavesObverse of 1956 Canadian Cent, Queen Elizabeth II Gratia Regina


I found at least 68 unique Canadian coins from 1916 to 2012. There are over 100+ cents between that time and I have most of the later issues. Now it is all about finding the older ones.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1956
Mintage: 78,685,535
Metal: 98% Copper, 0.5% Tin, 1.5% Zinc
Value: $0.50 in Very-Good

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

9 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

A few days ago I was a given a star note:
$5 ML 03859779*

Daniela Márquez said...

Tengo un centavo canadiense del 2004 que se ve muy parecido a el de 1956 contactate conmigo michelledanielamarquez@hotmail.com

Aus Kid said...

Hey Man, its Aussie Kid here, although I've grown up since and am not so young anymore. I was just wondering if you use this blog anymore and if you remember me from when I commented a lot a few years ago. I would like to point out that my coin collection is going well, largely thanks to the tips and advice you gave me all those years ago :)

Anonymous said...

hi coin man,
i'm wondering how to go about finding a couple Canada key date pennies in PAGE FILLER condition- i'm cheap, i don't care how poor the quality as long as the date is legible. i just want to finish a childhood project, 35 years later and wouldn't you know the 2 pennies i still need are the pricey ones. all ebay ever seems to list look to be in great shape and therefore priced way over what i am willing to spend.
what would you do if you were trying to fill a couple key date slots on the cheap?

Man said...

$5 ML 03859779* about $10.00

Man said...

Tengo un centavo canadiense del 2004

Just $0.01

Man said...


Hey Man, its Aussie Kid here, although I've grown up since and am not so young anymore. I was just wondering if you use this blog anymore and if you remember me from when I commented a lot a few years ago. I would like to point out that my coin collection is going well, largely thanks to the tips and advice you gave me all those years ago :)


Still here.
Congrats on your collection.

Man said...

what would you do if you were trying to fill a couple key date slots on the cheap?

Coin forums, talking with other collectors is always best.

Unknown said...

pLEASE SEND YOUR PRICE LIST OF YOUR CANANADA 1 CENT FROM 1912 TO 2020,
SO, I WOULD COMPLETE MY I CENT cANIDIN , TO junbuenol@gmail.com