Monday, February 23, 2015

2008 Costa Rica 5 Colones

First Costa Rican found in my change in years. They are not rare but since they are made of metals like aluminum and brass they do not mix well with U.S. change.

On the front is the coat of arms featuring the volcanoes, ships, and stars that represent the provinces of Costa Rica. The other side is simple and has a communist look to it.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Colones / Costa Rica
Year: 2008
Mintage: 300,000,000
Metal: Aluminum
Value: $0.05 in Extra-Fine

Do you have coin from Costa Rica and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

Hi I just came across a 2000 yr penny and I noticed the ruin around it is very thin on top of penny and the bottom is much wider. Would it be considered a rarity?

Man said...

2000 yr penny and I noticed the ruin around it is very thin on top of penny and the bottom is much wider.

Misaligned or off-center strike is an error just not that valuable.

$0.50 or less for most unless it is extreme.