Wednesday, January 07, 2015

2002 South Africa 2 Rand

For a while there during the early 2000s South Africa kept changing their national arms. Not sure why but that made for coin series that only lasted a year like this one. Most are still common.

iNingizimu Afrika - uMzantsi Afrika
Given to me as a quarter in my change I think this coin is one of the few foreign coins that has a decent exchange value. It is about $0.17 but that is closer than most other countries.

Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 2 Rand / South Africa
Year: 2002
Mintage: 12,000,000
Metal: Nickel Plated Copper
Value: $0.40 in VF (very-fine)

Do you have a South African coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I collect coins and found some penny error coins. The first is 1961 D mint the 19 was not struck you can only see the 61. The second is 195? wheaty penny the last number is possibly 1 it is very faintly struck? I also have a complete penny blank.Thanks

Man said...

1961 D mint the 19 was not struck you can only see the 61.
--Struck Through Grease error, no extra value.

195? wheaty penny the last number is possibly 1 it is very faintly struck?
--Struck Through Grease error again, no extra value.

I also have a complete penny blank
--Possible blank or planchet about $1.00.

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I'm hoping you could assist me. I would like to know how much I could get for a South African R2 and R5 note.

Thanks for your assistance.

Damien Fynn
0848415204
ashfynn23@gmail.com

Man said...

South African R2 and R5 note.


Depends on year and condition but average is $1.00 to $2.00 for each.