Wednesday, October 15, 2014

1990-D Half Dollar

Woo another half dollar. From 1971-2001 the half dollar coins were common and circulated. Since 2002 they have not circulated but they are still considered common. Still finding one in your change is unusual.

Carrying a few halves in my pocket was not comfortable. I know many people carry giant cell phones but they are mostly stable in your pocket. The giant dollar and half dollar coins tend to bang around plus they may scratch that fancy phone. So for the near future I do not see halves as a solution to our coin problem.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 50 Cents / United States
Year: 1990-D
Mintage: 20,096,242
Metal: 91.67% Copper, 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.50 in EF-40

Have a fifty cent coin from America and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: