Thursday, August 07, 2014

2014-D Nickel

Still using nickels and cents to get rid of them since I spent the first six months of 2014 using just dollars. I did this to get the most change possible and now I have too much. Instantly I noticed my change finds almost stopped but I managed to find a new nickel.

I noticed I am getting nickel and dimed from my usually spot. Add to that NYC is considering a law that would charge customers ten cents for every plastic bag used. Summing up the small price increases and new charging laws I estimate that it would take about $22.00 from my pocket. That is two of my lowest bills.

Getting "nickel and dimed" is the term used when you get charged a few cents more for the same product or service. The potential new plastic bag tax would raise the cost of an existing product without a reduction of store item prices even though the cost/burden of plastic bags would no longer be a factor in the owners business. It makes corporations millions in extra profit and cost consumers hundreds of dollars. For the poor it makes them worse off and make rich people all the more richer. #end_of_rant

Save your nickels because your going to need them.

Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States
Year: 2014-D
Metal: 75% copper 25% nickel
Mintage: 306,720,000 as of June 2014
Value: $0.05 at F-12

Do you have a recent nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: