Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1948-D Nickel

Finally found all three minted 1948 nickels, again.Yes I found most of these common coins in my change decades ago but I decided to start again when I first made this blog. How is your change collecting going?

This one is a bit rough but still a keeper. It has been slightly overwhelming at times. I look through every coin I come across and try to remember if I have it already, if I blogged about it, if it is worth anything extra, and if I do have it is it a better grade.

My phone is currently acting up so I can barely use it. Once a get a new phone I will make use my Google Drive coin checklist to check my finds quickly but until then my brain is going to have work faster.

Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States
Year: 1948-D
Metal: 75% Copper, 25% Nickel
Mintage: 44,734,000
Value: $0.10 in F-12

Do you have a recent nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

5 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Man said...

1938 Jefferson nickel that seems to have a lamination error, and a 1984 Jefferson nickel that is slightly off-center. Are they extreme enough to have a premium?

No both are common.

The lamination error looks more like damage because of the streaks, it seems to be cleaned.

Unknown said...

What would a 1948 dbnickel that looks like it says 1943 instead be worth anyone?

Unknown said...

What would a 1948 dbnickel that looks like it says 1943 instead be worth anyone?

Unknown said...

If anyone could help me that would be cool

Unknown said...

4 cents