Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2012 China 1 Jiao

Made in China and used in America as a dime, well at least I got it in my change instead of a dime. One jiao is one of the lowest circulating coin in China and is hardly popular outside of farmer markets.

The reverse has ZHONGGUA RENMIN YINHANG with several orchids. Made of stainless steel it is slightly larger than American dime. It has an exchange value of is about $0.016 which is less than two cents. I would not be surprised if the jiao is the next coin that disappears since there is also a jiao note that is not popular.

Here's the stats for both coins...
Type/Country: 1 Jiao / People's Republic of China
Year: 2012
Mintage: Not yet known.
Metal: Stainless Steel
Value: $0.10 in XF

Do you have a Chinese coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

1 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I have the one exactly the same one but the year is 2005 what is the value in United States