Sunday, July 20, 2014

1972-D Half Dollar

Whoever dropped these halves must of known they were all common. No silver or varieties means these were searched and dumped. Still they are over 40 years old and hardly seen in change any more so I am happy with them.

Most modern coin operated machines do not take half dollar coins. Add to that certain cashiers have never seen one these coins and refuse to take them. Even many store managers have not seen themespecially if they are not American born. I will not use them unless I have a real emergency so for now there is no issue. 

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 50 Cents / United States
Year: 1972-D
Mintage: 141,890,000
Metal: 91.67% Copper, 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.50 in EF-40

Have a fifty cent coin from America and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: