Sunday, June 15, 2014

1953-S Wheat Cent

While circulating San Francisco coins are no longer made they were once common. Your best chance of finding one in circulation is the cent. Nearly all wheat cent have an S mint mark version. 

Although like I stated S mint coins were fairly common it is still one of favorite finds. Even the ones I find from the late 60s and early 70s are cool to me. I will keep them even though I know they will have little extra value. Most proof or special coins now carry the S mint mark and while you may find some in circulation they were made just for collectors.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1953-S
Mintage: 181,835,000
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Tin and Zinc
Value: $0.10 in F-12

Do you have an older cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: