Monday, April 07, 2014

1964 Canada Cent

This is the last Canadian cent to feature the young Queen Elizabeth with a laureate on her head. Starting in 1965 they gave her a tiara. 

As often as I find Canadian coins you would think I have showcased them all. Yet seeing how I once found a 1921 Canadian cent in my change that means it is possible to get a hundred years of coins from each circulating denomination. Including varieties that may be up to 1,000 coins.  Now I just have featured 90 of them so it will be a while before I exhaust that category.
 
Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1964
Mintage: 484,655,322
Metal: 98% Copper, 0.5% Tin, and 1.5% Zinc
Value: $0.02 in F

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: