Wednesday, February 12, 2014

1960-D Lincoln Memorial Cent, Large Date

There are 7 varieties of 1960 cents but the most common seems to be the 1960-D large date. The four common types are large and small dates for both mints. There are also some errors that have large date over small dates and small dates over large, plus one D over D error. Not a surprise I keep finding the boring old large date variety.


Like the 1960 Lincoln cent, Large Date I found a while back it can be difficult to tell the dates apart unless you know what to look for on the front of the coin.


For the large date:

  • The top of the 9 is always higher than the top of the 1. 
  • The top of the 6 is at the same or very close to the right most edge of the 6.
Still have not found a small date or maybe I did but I have not noticed. One problem with collecting is that I do not always remember all the varieties. I know I found a 1960 cent but I often forget to recheck it for the other varieties.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent  / United States
Year: 1960-D Large Date
Mintage: 1,580,884,000 (both types included)
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Tin, and Possibly Zinc
Value: $0.02 in EF-40

Do you have a cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: