Sunday, January 12, 2014

2005-D West Virginia Quarter

It has the New River Gorge bridge, New River Gorge river, and the New River Gorge. I guess West Virginians really are into rock climbing and perfect views, bunch of weirdos. It is seriously a great place and I hope to drive there on day.


I always thought the movie Deliverance was set in West Virginia but it was not. West Virginia has some great national parks and sites not to mention bridges. Well I am in need of a real vacation and since I found this West Virginia recently I have been looking at the states differently.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 25 Cents - West Virginia / United States
Year: 2005 D
Metal: 91.67% Copper 8.33% Nickel
Mintage: 356,200,000
Value: $0.25 in F-12

Do you have a state quarter and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have the 2005 West Virginia quarter like you have pictured howevermy quarter the picture on the back of the coin is upside down.
What is its worth

Man said...

2005 West Virginia quarter like you have pictured howevermy quarter the picture on the back of the coin is upside down.

Normal if mean when turning the coin left or right it is upside down.

Anonymous said...

I mean that the gorge picture is upside down.
Depends how you hold the quarter. I guess you could say the front is upside down.
Either way, it is obviously an error.

Does anyone know what this 2005 West Virginia quarter worth?

Man said...

I mean that the gorge picture is upside down.
Depends how you hold the quarter. I guess you could say the front is upside down.
Either way, it is obviously an error.

Does anyone know what this 2005 West Virginia quarter worth?


The would start at $200.00 for a 180 degree Rotated Die error in circulated grade.

Unknown said...

Hello i have a 2005 West Virgina quarter, but it has a different texture than the others. It is duller and rougher looking almost like there is a overspray all over the entire thing

Man said...

2005 West Virgina quarter, but it has a different texture than the others. It is duller and rougher looking almost like there is a overspray all over the entire thing

Sounds like damage like erosion, no extra value.

A clear picture may clarify it.