Friday, November 01, 2013

2007-P James Madison Dollar

If you are obsessed with edge lettering on presidential dollars then like me you want the normal edge and upside-down edge. Finally I got a normal edge James Madison dollar. Got the upside-down edge James Madison back in June of 2009.


 

There is no way to tell if any edge letter variety is more dominant. I mean you could get thousands of dollars and check each but that is too much for a change collector. As far as I can tell normal edge is more common than upside down edge at a rate of 3:2.

Neither edge type has any extra value and most people are not collecting them.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dollar-James Madison / United States
Year: 2007 P (Edge Normal)
Mintage: 87,780,000
Metal: 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, and 2% Nickel
Value: $1.00 in G-4

Do you have a dollar coin and want to know how much it's worth? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

1 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

Hello, I recently found a 2007 D James Madison Presidential dollar coin. There is one small variant that differs from all the others. The years on the front side of the coin are all weakly stamped while the lettering on "4th president" is strongly stamped. Have you seen any like what I am describing? I'd like to send you a picture if it wouldn't be too much trouble.
Respectfully,
Christian.