Wednesday, August 21, 2013

2010-P Franklin Pierce Dollar

Have a Pierce dollar coin and want to know how much it's worth?

Does the fact that the edge lettering can be be normal or upside down bother anyone else? No. I guess it is just me. That means twice as many dollars to collect, although seeing how only twenty presidential dollars were released for circulation that is a slightly smaller collection.


When you look at President Franklin Pierce normally and start to flip the coin you will see the edge is upside down. Again the mint has officially said that this is normal and have it right side up or upside down makes no difference. Still I want to collect them and eventually someone may do a study to see if one position is more rare.

The obverse says Franklin Pierce, In God We Trust, 14th President, and 1853-1857. I honestly know nothing about Pierce. Of course America was going through some big changes back then but how he shaped it was not discussed much during my school years.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dollar-Franklin Pierce / United States
Year: 2010 P (Edge upside-down)
Mintage: 38,360,000
Metal: 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, and 2% Nickel
Value: $1.00 in F-12

Do you have a dollar coin and want to know how much it's worth? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

14 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I have a 2010 p franklin pierce dollar coin.....a Philadelphia mint dollar.BUT ,ITS A PROOF COIN!it is not an S mint coin.is this an error coin?

Man said...

2010 p franklin pierce dollar coin.....a Philadelphia mint dollar.BUT ,ITS A PROOF COIN!it is not an S mint coin.is this an error coin?

You may have a coin from an Uncirculated Set which had a special Satin Finish if still perfect and untouched it may have extra value, $3.00 or more depending on grade.

Unknown said...

How much the worth franklin pierce here in phillppines?

Unknown said...

Do you mean the lettering that is stamped on the edge of the coin, where it has the year it was made and the mint mark should be upside down? Because mine is not

Unknown said...

I have 1 1853-1857

Unknown said...

I have 1 1853-1857 +905353227857

Unknown said...

I came across a coin like shown above and I am wondering what it is worth. The only difference is Thomas Jefferson is on the opposite side. So please any info will help.

Unknown said...

I have one coin in 4th President james anderson 1809-1817. I want to sell this one, if someone want to buy this coin please contact in my mail

Unknown said...

I have a Franklin Pierce $1 coin in great condition dated 1853=1857 dose any one know the value of this coin

Unknown said...

Price Pakistan

Unknown said...

How much ?

Unknown said...

I have a Franklin Pierce $1coin looks like gold and copper and silver but l do not know about what 2010p is. Very small writing on dates president.email me below what's it's worth. I have had it 25 years

Anonymous said...

I have franklin pierce 1 dollar coin 1853-1857 i want to know worth

Anonymous said...

I have this one