Friday, March 15, 2013

2012-P Acadia Quarter

Have a quarter and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Released on June 11, 2012 it is the 13th quarter from the America The Beautiful series. In all 16 of the 56 quarters have been released for circulation so a complete circulating set would have 32 by now. So far I found 12 with this latest change find, that does ignore all the San Francisco minted coins.


The design is the Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse at the Acadia National Park coast. My favorite part is the waves hitting the rocks. From what I read this Maine park is a great place for hiking and biking, things I do not regularly take part in. Still just to recreate this picture in real life it may be worth a bike or canoe trip for the weekend.

As I slowly get more of these park quarters I feel more like I should visit these places at least once. This was not the same with the state quarter since the majority of the images on those coins were mostly symbols and not real places.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 25 Cents-Acadia / United States
Year: 2012-P
Mintage: 24,800,000
Metal: 91.67% Copper 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.25 in F-12

Do you have a quarter from America and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I get that same image of needing to visit the landscapes in the park, especially how some may be in danger of destruction.

My bus driver lives in Acadia in the summer, so he knows everything about it, if you need any tips, I can ask him.

Man said...

I get that same image of needing to visit the landscapes in the park, especially how some may be in danger of destruction.

My bus driver lives in Acadia in the summer, so he knows everything about it, if you need any tips, I can ask him.


That's cool but for now my most exotic trips are to Central Park.

Anonymous said...

I have four quarters i'd like to know the value of:
1935
1944
1946
1954
All have the eagle on the back

Man said...

I have four quarters i'd like to know the value of:

1935 about $7.00
1944 about $6.00
1946 about $6.00
1954 about $6.00

Anonymous said...

I have a quarter that looks just like the one you have pictured but it has never been circulated and the background of the coin is much shineier than the pictures themselves. How much may that be worth?

Man said...

quarter that looks just like the one you have pictured but it has never been circulated and the background of the coin is much shineier than the pictures themselves

About $1.00