Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1989 Canadian Dollar

Have a Canada dollar coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

The loonie is a successful dollar coin from Canada. Granted when you spend half of your time wearing bulky clothes and mittens then having big change is great. The bikini clad beach goers of California do not seem equipped to have tons of dollars in large coins jingling around their barely there outfits. (My knowledge of Cali and Canada all stems from sitcoms.)


It looks very much like the U.S. versions in size and color although the shape and metal is different. Maybe because I spend too much time solving engineering efficiency problems but I do not see how this coin is better than a bill for the user. Yes it is many times more efficient for the producer but not the end user.

Even in this tough economy I have seen youngsters hit the ATM then buy something and refuse the change without even counting it. Today I noticed that tip jars have increased everywhere and that most people keep the $5 and up bills and then drop the rest of the change into the tip jars. Crumbs is the last place I saw this happen five times in a row.

Does America want change? Apparently not if the change is too heavy. (sounds political but it is not)

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dollar / Canada
Year: 1989
Mintage: 184,773,902
Metal: Aureate-Bronze Plated Nickel: 91.5% Nickel, 8.5% Bronze
Value: $1.03 in Very-Fine

P.S. Sorry Canadian Loonie for not focusing on you but I will next time. This one was common and not much to say.

Do you have a dollar from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

42 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have an '89 loonie that the bust of the queen is frosted looking. Is that good or bad? Was it part of a set or something? If I'm not supposed to ask this here I'm sorry just wanted to get this info and don't know where to go.

Man said...

I have an '89 loonie that the bust of the queen is frosted looking. Is that good or bad? Was it part of a set or something? If I'm not supposed to ask this here I'm sorry just wanted to get this info and don't know where to go.

Ask anywhere there are no rules.

Yes they made a frosted proof-like version also.
General they sell for $4-$12 depending on grade.

Anonymous said...

I see comments but no responses so why...

Unknown said...

I have the exact dollar coin picture that you have shown 1989 gold coin canadian,what is the prize?

Unknown said...

what is the price of the canada dollar

Unknown said...

What wound be price of a 1998 canada dollar d.g regina

Naks edem said...

I have one,canada dollar coin, and how much value to philippine peso?

Naks edem said...

I have one,canada dollar coin, and how much value to philippine peso?

Unknown said...


Naks edem7:19 AM, November 05, 2018
I have one,canada dollar coin, and how much value to pAkistan Rs ????

Unknown said...

I saw a listing of the value of the 1989 Looney at $1,000 why would it be listed as being so value would you give me a brief explanation for that place thank you

Unknown said...

I have a 1989 gold Canadian dollar Elizabeth 11 is it worth anything

Unknown said...

Is a 1990 gold Canadin Elizabeth 11 Australia dollar worth anything?

Naks edem said...

Who can buy or interested my one canadian dollar Queen Elizabeth II?

Naks edem said...

I'm from Philippines

Unknown said...

I am from Ethiopian I have 3 canda coins money

Unknown said...

I have 1989 Elizabeth Canadian dollar coin how much is worth

Jay said...

I have 1989 i coin elizabeth ll D.G REGINA BROZE

Unknown said...

i have 2 canada coins the is 1989 and the other is 2007 i i wa to know if how much i can sell it hope you will me i have more a lots of old coins but i dont dont how can i sell it

Unknown said...

I have 1989 canadian dollar here but i dont know how much value here

Unknown said...

Reply me if you want to see,,

Unknown said...

I have one elizabeth D,G REGINA bronze here but i dont know how much it is value

Unknown said...

How much equivalent to peso in Philippines

Unknown said...

I have too...

Anonymous said...

I have too

Jaypaydub said...

I have a lot of coins if you could help me identify them with prices I will compensate you for your time

Unknown said...

I have a 100 dollar Canadian dollar bill dated 1977 with the gold square on it

Unknown said...

i have a canada 1989 dollar..what is the valeu

Unknown said...

I have one of this 1989 dollar..what is the value?im from Philippines..

Unknown said...

I have 1pc of 1990 canada dollar coin

Unknown said...

Yes. I have Canada dollar 1989 coin. Elizabeth II

Unknown said...

I have 1989 Canada dollar. How much the value in Philippine peso.

Unknown said...

how much value 1989 canada dollar

Unknown said...

Sir I have one of those coin of Canada coin Elizabeth ll 1989.and I want to sell it.how much the value of this coin.thank u sir.

Unknown said...

I want to sell my coin of Canada coin Elizabeth ll.how much the value of this coin.

Unknown said...

What is the value of this coin

Unknown said...

Value of this coins 89 Elizabeth 11

Hujan said...

I want to sell my coin of Canada Elizabeth 1989

Unknown said...

Hi I have a candian gold1983.1dolarcoin how much is the price. Its gold colour and olsa have a some more old different country coins can u sell to me

Justine intal said...

How much the value in peso elizabeth 11 1989 canada

Unknown said...

How much the value in Canada dollar
Elizabeth 1989

Unknown said...

I have a canada dollar how much is the value

The Cool Best Trains & Tokens Coins said...

Yesterday, i had Cheese & Vegetarian [Pizza Pizza] quebec, canada. in July 21, 2022...

We did what of kind were i found $2 [Dollars] Canadian Toonie [1996-2022] of this year?.

I Found = $2 for Canadian Loonie [1989-2015] from 26 years.



The Next Day on July 22, 2022.


I take his Pictures when i can found a Cheetos Chips, Ruffles Chips, Tostitos Salsa Moyenne - Kinder Bueno, [Okay/OK]. I Don't Know what like a Christmas from December 25th after what like a small red fruit, what i like The Simpsons made in December 17, 1989 [This Christmas as you can watch it or reading it or putting on DVD/VHS].

In This Life: In le 405 we are now on his Time Party Water Theme Park.

In 2007, Salle/Centre d'Amusement 222 are received Token [No Cash Value] [NCV]. [Then in 2009, the another received one]... [in August 2012, were Demolished before 22 Levesque released around 2014 or 2015?].

[In Now July 22, 2022, I found A Salle d'Amusement 222 / No Cash Value Token] [Early in Around 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s / End after 2010-2012].

I Found log after years later, -
- we are Now found an Old Token were 10 Years Later [August 2012].

And, This, In Back To The Gare Dorion / Next were NOT Broken on his camera.

In June 5, 2022, CN 2688 & CN 2714 / From CN 2914, HESR 3038, CN 9591 & DPU CN 2958. after Mixed Freight & Autoracks [x2 after Part 2 Passes Over]..


Captured in EXO, CP, CN, VIA:...

EXO 1357 Eastbound... EXO 1324 Eastbound [From Oldies 2008-2022]... EXO 1360 Westbound, then... The Gates is Closed after April - May or June 2022.. CP 8788, CP 8006, DPU CN 2853 [MCC Transport, APL Intermodal, Safmarine Intermodal, from CMA CGM Westbound]. -
- [Mixed Freight & Boxcars]... VIA 910 Eastbound [Love The Way]... VIA 915 Westbound... -
- VIA 6431 Westbound... EXO 1361 Westbound after CN Hi-Rail Truck.


Now, Thanks For Watching. and now, see Our The Simpsons: The Movie for 5 days before -
- The 15th Anniversary [07/27/2022].