Wednesday, August 15, 2012

2005 Canada Cent

Have a Canada cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Yes, yes found this a few times before but I think it keeps popping up because it wants its own post. So here is your moment in the spotlight enjoy.


On a relevant side note the Canadians are invading!

At the border towns between America and Canada the strong Canadian dollars is leading to a rush on dairy products and gasoline. Currently $1.00 Canadian (CDN) is about $1.01 U.S. (USD) so they are about even but the price of stuff is more expensive in Canada.

The Vancouver Sun and few local stations ran a story about the price of milk. Basically 44 pounds (20kgs) of dairy products cost $30 CDN and at a local U.S. Costco. it cost about $17 CDN even with conversion and driving time the save over $10 CDN. Add to that gas is cheaper in the U.S. by aboot $1.00 CDN. Some Americans are not to happy but the rush has been good for big businesses.

That means at the end I hopefully will see some better Canadian coins in my change.

Here's the stats...
Type / Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 2005
Mintage: 759,658,000
Metal: Bronze-Plated Zinc
Value: $0.02 in XF

Do you have a Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

9 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Pockets O'Change said...

Yeah, I read that same article, I think those in Bellingham, WA are a little tooooo patriotic. I'm an American that lives in Canada (and the US for the other half and work) and I think that Canadians coming to the US is a good thing, especially since our economy has tanked and is in dire need of investment from people overseas!

Now the only reason why a Canadian would buy milk in the US is easy, milk in Canada comes in a friggin plastic bag and you need a special milk jug to pour it in. Gas is also cheaper in the US, but not by much now that gas is over $4.00 in my area.

I hope that the sudden influx of Canadian shoppers brings you something to look at! Hopefully some of my coins will reach you!

Man said...

...especially since our economy has tanked and is in dire need of investment from people overseas!
--Well that is also an exaggeration, I look at the lines every time a new $300 phone comes out and think we are better off than we complain.

...Canada comes in a friggin plastic bag...
--Yes, I heard about that seems silly but I guess if the bags are strong it is not an issue.

Hunter Krueger said...

Man, those Canadians are invading fast. Earlier today I got a 1968 Canadian Quarter. Not the silver one, of course, but it was still a nice little surprise.

Man said...

Earlier today I got a 1968 Canadian Quarter

Nice, an older coin is still a good find.

Pockets O'Change said...

Yes and no, on the exaggeration deal. My area is struggling (has been since the late 70's - Detroit). I think you're correct in the sense that we are better off than we complain, especially in the traditional financial centers of the US, but the Midwest and the rustbelt are seriously struggling. About 4/5 of my friends or their parents have been laid-off in the last 5 years.

Economical debate aside, you still got some nice lookin' Canadian coins!

Man said...

...seriously struggling.

Yeah I wrote a little about it on my other blog TV review and rant. Sort of a mix of a review and rant.

Anonymous said...

I have a 12 sided canadian penny that is dated from 1867-1992 and a canadian penny that on the front side has D.G.REG.F.D.1974 then on the right side of the coin it has ELIZABETH 11. on the back of the coin it has the words NEW PENNY, the under neath it a gate with chains hanging on each side of the gate. the number 1 it under the gate. a crown is on top of the gate. is this worth anything. I also have a candadian nickle with a fish that looks like an angle fish on the back looking left. the year is 1970. on the front Bermuda is written on the left side and ELIZABETH 11 is on the right side.

Man said...

canadian penny that is dated from 1867-1992
--Just $0.01

penny that on the front side has D.G.REG.F.D.1974 then on the right side of the coin it has ELIZABETH 11. on the back of the coin it has the words NEW PENNY
--British not Canadian about $0.03

Canadian nickel with a fish that looks like an angle fish on the back looking left. the year is 1970
--About $0.08

nicki said...

I have a 2005 P magnetic Canadian penny. How much is it worth? Thank You
Maine USA