Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1992 Poland Zloty

Have a Poland coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

As the Euro falls the Zloty rises. It is a relationship that has been going on for years. Poland is very independent when it comes to finance thanks to a long history of not being in control.


RZECZPOSPOLITA POLSKA and that stylized eagle are on the obverse. The reverse has 1 ZŁOTY in a wreath. The edge is segmented with reeding and blank spaces, although the blank space seems to be a weekly reeded.

I have two of these and use to get more in my change but the last decade has not been good for Polish finds. I can only guess the Euro is more popular even in non-Euro countries. It is projected by some that Poland may be using euros by 2019. Which is actually not that far away.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Zloty / Poland
Year: 1992
Mintage: 102,240,000
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $0.80 in XF ($0.31 in exchange value)


Beside this vault coin I did find a 1956-D wheat cent but that has been featured before so as usual I will skip it.

Do you have a coin from Poland and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I don't really get why countries want to join the Euro now with its economic crisis.

Man said...

I don't really get why countries want to join the Euro now with its economic crisis.

Well the entire world has economic issues. I assume they are betting on the fact that the Euro and all that comes with it is stronger than each individual country.

For the last few years the Euro and the Pound have been doing better than the US dollar. Aside from the oil rich countries the Euro seems like the only currency that can become a power for change.

Unknown said...

How much in Indian money?

Man said...

How much in Indian money?

About 54 Rupees

Unknown said...

How much in american money

Unknown said...

Hii I m 1 zloty

Unknown said...

I m 1 zloty 1995

Unknown said...

Quanto em reais brasileiro