Friday, July 13, 2012

2005 Mexico 10 Pesos

Have a Mexico coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Surprisingly there is a smaller amount of Mexican coins in the vaults than I thought I would own. In the news and on television Mexico is constantly being mentioned. I guessed I would have a huge amount instead I have found or got a only fifty one of them.


The front has ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS which essentially means UNITED  STATES of MEXICO. Yes they did this on purpose to be more like their neighbors. Typical Mexican symbol of an eagle with a snake on a cactus.

The reverse has an intricate Aztec carving, Not as cool as a Mayan calendar if you believe the misinterpretations. On the brass outer ring is $10 2005 DIEZ PESOS OM. The O over M is the mint mark for Mo = Mexico City the main branch for many years.

Exchange value is only about $0.75 not as bad as some people may joke.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Pesos / Mexico
Year: 2005
Mintage: 64,635,000
Metal: Bi-Metallic: Copper-Nickel center, Brass ring
Value: $1.25 in Very-Fine

Do you have a Mexican coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

74 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

Hey Man,
Since no one else has commented, I think I will take the opportunity to do so. You know, I've got a few of these 10 peso coins sitting around, and they all look terrible. Albeit, the design looks beautiful and full of glorified Central American history, every 10 peso coin I have is just in terrible condition. I'm guessing they get plenty of use, which shows on the coins.

Anyways, a bit off-topic, I've been doing some reading on the possible composition changes of the penny and nickel, I find it to be a great idea, as a taxpayer and from an economical stand point, but what's your opinion? I just wanted to see how you felt about it. I kind-of wished that they actually changed the sizes of the coins as well, maybe reducing the size of the penny to the size of a Dutch 10C or Swedish 10 ore. I understand the implications of changing the coin sizes with all the coin vendor lobbyists out there not willing to change, but I just think that maybe it's time to revamp our coinage. Just an idea, that will never be heard in DC, but regardless, dreaming of such a change is the fun part!

Canadian coin dumper!

Man said...

I've got a few of these 10 peso coins sitting around, and they all look terrible.
--I found that the majority are in great shape, but it is logical since the use cash more than credit.

possible composition changes of the penny and nickel
--I think it is great and it will probably happen.

As for size change likely never. Although a thinner coin is possible.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1958 om 5$ estados unidos mexicanos coin goldish color center with silver ring. Do you know the value I also have many other COO.s but cannot find a good appraiser. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Man said...

1958 om 5$ estados unidos mexicanos coin goldish color center with silver ring.
--No such thing.
It must be a 1998 and it's about $1.50 in very-fine.

Look up PCGS or NGC for authorized dealers and appraisers.
They also have great online price guides.

Rio N said...

I'm from indonesia, i have a 1988 $1000 mexican coin. is it made from gold? i want to know the value.

Man said...

1988 $1000 mexican coin is made of Aluminum-Bronze and worth about $1.00 in the U.S. or 9600 Rupiah

Unknown said...

I have a Error 1988 Mexican $100 coin that is completely missing the 1 in the date 1988 on it. Trying to find out what the value of this coin is?

Man said...

Error 1988 Mexican $100 coin that is completely missing the 1 in the date 1988 on it.

Sounds like a Struck Through Grease error, that is common and adds no extra value.

About $0.30.

Unknown said...

I have a 2006 ESTADAS UN IDOS MEXICANOS

Man said...

2006 ESTADAS UN IDOS MEXICANOS

About $1.25 if a 10 Pesos coin.

nikki rockwood said...

Hi,I like ur blog.Nice work.I've got lots of American and Mexican coins. Recently noticed the diez pesos coin 2008 differs from 2000 where "diez pesos" in 2008 is "año 2000" in 2000 versión. Does that make a diff. In its value or worth at all? BTW,in spanish the Word año means year,when written with symbol over letter "n". If written w/out symbol, "ano" it means anus,yes,as,in butthole,balloon-knot,chocolate starfish. Watevr word u use to address the toothless wonder with bad breath.

nikki rockwood said...

Hi again, I have a 1876 Libertad Mexican coin. Along the bottom,this is written *8R-G°-1876-F-R-10 Ds-20 Gs. Any idea of what that all means? I'm confused about its worth,as well. Unsure what to sell it for. Plenty of offers ,would like to give a fair price. Thanku very much,Claudia

nikki rockwood said...

P.s. I have a 1900 coin just like that 1876 coin I asked u about,only its from 1900 not 1876.

Man said...

Recently noticed the diez pesos coin 2008 differs from 2000 where "diez pesos" in 2008 is "año 2000" in 2000 versión. Does that make a diff. In its value or worth at all?
--About $1.00 in very-fine the change in design does not affet value.

1876 Libertad Mexican coin. Along the bottom,this is written *8R-G°-1876-F-R-10 Ds-20 Gs.
--About $45.00
8R = 8 Reales
Go 1876 FR = Guanajuato Mint

10 Ds-20 Gs =
10 dineros por 20 granos
10 cents per 20 grains

1900 coin just like that 1876 coin I asked u about
--I do not recognize this coin as 8 Reales stopped being made by 1900.

Unknown said...

i have estados unidos mexicanos om 1990 $1000. Can any one please let me know what is exchange value in indian currency.

Man said...

estados unidos mexicanos om 1990 $1000. Can any one please let me know what is exchange value in indian currency.

This coin is no longer legal.
It has no exchange value.

For coin collectors it has a value of about $1.00 or 60 Indian Rupee.

Anonymous said...

I Have the same coin but its 2011 do you know how much it would be?

Man said...

the same coin but its 2011

About $2.00

Anonymous said...

Got a 2005 $10diez pesos value

Man said...

2005 $10diez pesos value

About $1.25 assuming from Mexico.

jazmine said...

this is what I have trying to see if any value.All Estados unidos mexicanos coins. 1-$10 1998 gold coin,1-$5 2007 gold/silver coin and 2-$2 2006&2008 gold/silver coins.

Man said...

Estados unidos mexicanos coins.
$10 1998 gold coin about $2.50
$5 2007 gold/silver coin about $1.25
$2 2006&2008 gold/silver coins about $1.00 each

None are true gold/silver instead they are brass and copper-nickel.

Unless they say gold and have a purity number.

Anonymous said...

I have a 2001 $5 one. How much is it worth in USD?

Man said...

2001 $5 one

About $0.60

Anonymous said...

I have a 2014 $10 pesos how much is it worth

Man said...

2014 $10 pesos about $1.25

Unknown said...

I have a ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS 1998 $10 gold outer ring and well it looks like the one in the pictur but with what looks like sage and something els in the center

Man said...

ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS 1998 $10 gold outer ring

About $1.00

elle said...

Hi I recently got some pesos, about $1664, from 2001 and I was wondering what they are worth today and back in 2001! Thanks so much!

Man said...

pesos, about $1664, from 2001 and I was wondering what they are worth today
--About $109.00

and back in 2001!
--About $40.00

Anonymous said...

How much is a 1997. Says $5 it's a estados Unidos mexicanos coin. Silver edge with a gold like center??

Man said...

1997. Says $5 it's a estados Unidos mexicanos coin

About $0.60

Anonymous said...

I have a 10dollar diez peso 1998 that has one side the wrong way how much is it worth

Unknown said...

I have a 2$ coin that has eslados unidos mexicanos

Unknown said...

How much is it worth

Anonymous said...

I have a 2002 DIEZ PESOS Estados Unidos Mexicanos $10 oM coin

Man said...

10dollar diez peso 1998 that has one side the wrong way

Not sure what you mean by wrong way but rotated dies among Mexican coins is common. Depends on error but about $10.00 extra value.

Man said...

2$ coin that has eslados unidos mexicanos

Depends on year

Man said...

2002 DIEZ PESOS Estados Unidos Mexicanos $10 oM coin

About $2.50 in extra-fine

Anonymous said...

Whats the value on this 2000 $1 ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS?

Anonymous said...

$5 estados unidos mexicanos 2004 with a goldish color in the center with an eagle fighting a snake and a silver ring. how much is this worth?

Unknown said...

2011 Estados unidos Mexicano diez pesos $10 coin was wondering the value?

Unknown said...

I have a $20 ANO 2000, what is it worth

Anil kumar said...

I have this coine..i sell

Unknown said...

I have a 20$ 2001gold trimming ano coin bow much is worth?

Unknown said...

I have a 20$ 2001gold trimming ano coin bow much is worth?

Unknown said...

It's a coined with an $1 with an letter A on it with the year of 1999 what the value of it

Unknown said...

The 100 pesos coin 2006

Unknown said...

I have a 10 dollar diez pesos worth

Laney said...

It's easy enough to google an exchange rate,i would think it's more work asking on here ,furthermore its selfish of you pudwackers to keep asking the same questions over and over again wasting a nice person's time. I think based on the discussion we all can deduct that Mexican dinero isn't worth much unless your in Mexico, I know Ben Franklin supposedly said "A penny saved is a penny earned" but he didn't say diddly about Pesos.they do have some cool looking coins though

Unknown said...

I have a 2018, a 2012 and a 1997 $ 10 Pesos coins found in a waste basket at a grocery store, where the coin counting machine rejected them.

Unknown said...

Yes I have one an it has 2011 on it an I want to know the worth of the coin

Unknown said...

I have a one an it has 2005.. Estados Unidos Mexicanos $10 Coin

Unknown said...

I have a one an it has 2005.. Estados Unidos Mexicanos $10 Coin

Unknown said...

I have a 2005 $10 estados unidos mexicanos and i want to know the value?

Anonymous said...

I have a 1998 10 peso I need value of

Anonymous said...

1998 10 dollar peso I need a value

Unknown said...

Dies pisos estados unidos mexicanos 1997 How much value sir/madam thanks

Unknown said...

I have a ten peso coin from 2008 with the gold in the center and silver outside and can't find it's image anywhere on google or ebay nothing. Is this a misprint and if so what would it be worth. It's in decent condition a few dings around the edge is all.

Anonymous said...

Hello, good afternoon, I have some Mexican coins, one of the year 1999 of 10 pesos, of ten Mexican pesos I have the year two thousand and one, and of the year two thousand, a bicentennial coin of independence 2008 bust

Unknown said...

Yes I have a 2004 mexican coin and was wondering the value

Unknown said...

I have a 1994 $5 pesos it has no maker Mark is that normal and I can't find anything about it online

Unknown said...

Por cierto es del año 1993

Unknown said...

Tengo una moneda de 20 en la parte donde dice $20 esta el símbolo de la águila con la serpiente en la boca y del otro lado tiene a Hidalgo enzima de Hidalgo dice Estados Unidos mexicanos y es del año 1993 tendrá algún valor

Unknown said...

Brass on the outer ring snake with a bird in the front.. Back is the Aztec $10 2001

Unknown said...

$10 Aztec pictures with ANO 2000 on front back says ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS with the eagle and snake in its mouth what in American money is it worth

Unknown said...

Yes I have a 10 dollar coin 2014 on it and a 5 dollar coin with 2012 and 1 dollar coin with 1999 on it I would like to know the value

Unknown said...

I have stumbled across on 19 43 steel penny in great condition wheat penny among others that were stuck in an old car that I cleaned out. Also a 1925 wheat penny a 1941 wheat penny a 1935 wheat Penny a 1941 wheat penny among a few others just wondering what they might be worth I have been trying to find out I just get so so I hope you can help

Anonymous said...

Yes I have this one and I'm trying to sell it

Anonymous said...

Hello yes I have the same Mexican y’all have on display $10 DIEZ PESOS on it. Is it with anything

Anonymous said...

I have stumbled across a 2 dallor coin from 1997 and it has like a eagle with a long tongue on the back how much is it worth

Rare Finds 2022-2023 said...

At the right time at Amir Restaurant in Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada: The Stolen of their Tips. This way, i was found a Rare 2021 Estados Unidos Mexicanos (Mexican) $1 Peso Coin in Spanish/Español.. But, Hey You!!! I Have a questions for you...

What 1978 United States of America Nickel Black RARE does Worth?...

And What 2021 Estados Unidos Mexicanos $1 Peso does Worth?...

Anonymous said...

I have a 1920 Estados Unidos Mexicanos 10 with the letter M on the bottom of the coin.... just curious on value TY

Anonymous said...

I have on in great condition, how much is it worth