Tuesday, July 03, 2012

1974 Luxembourg 10 Francs

Have a Luxembourg coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

The second and last Luxembourg coin I have. This one is the older pre-Euro type, they were demonetized back in June of 1986.  


JEAN GRAND-DUC DE LIXEMBOURG is Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg and guess what as of today he is still alive. At 91 years old he no longer reigns over anything but is still here.

J.N. LEFEVRE is the coin designer but I am not sure what N.J.L. means on the reverse.

One thing I love is the 7 in 1974 it is the way I have always written the number 7 and is not seen as often on coin or in the U.S. in general. I do not know where I picked up this seven writing habit but it has been used historically to distinguish ones from sevens.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Francs / Luxembourg
Year: 1974
Mintage: 3,000,000
Metal: 100% Nickel
Value: $0.15 in Very-Fine

Do you have a Luxembourg coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

i have a coin looks exactly like this one one the picture but it is 1977 instead.it really look like mutch fine silver to me,really good made structures, what is it worth?

Man said...

a coin looks exactly like this one one the picture but it is 1977

It's about $0.45 it is 100% nickel not silver.

Anonymous said...

i have a 50 F coin like this thats dated 1987 and in great condition whats it worth

Man said...

50 F coin like this thats dated 1987 and in great condition

About $1.50

Unknown said...

I have a coin just like this but is 1971

Man said...

I have a coin just like this but is 1971

About $0.15