Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012: Intrepid Style

Went on a little trip to the Fleet Week celebrations at the USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum and of course there were coin related fun to be had. There was a lot to do and I did most of it but this blog is about coins and such.


There are sixteen designs in all but since I only had four quarters and two cents with me I could only get these two. They are still just 51 cents which is nice.

The top one says "HONOR, EDUCATE& INSPIRE" the American flag and INTREPID MUSEUM.
The bottom one says U.S.S. INTREPID and had the U.S.S. Intrepid pictured.


I used a 1980 and 1970 cent for each squish. As a rule the older 95% copper cents are better to use since the exposed zinc in modern cents will start to oxidize and break down faster.


These are medals or tokens or medallions, I am never sure what to call them. The were being sold in vending machines and looked nice but I never really liked non-government coins so I tend to stay away.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: