Friday, December 02, 2011

Coin Jewelry

What is the point of collecting such ordinary circulating coins?

Well try gold plating them and putting them on a gold chain and bam you got something good. Looking over a recent ad from Macy's the coins instantly jumped out at me. They are Euros on a thin 14 karat 8 inch gold chain at one overvalued original price.


Maybe quality adds some value. Plus gold is doing well too. Seriously $1,200 for this.

I see a Luxembourg Euro Cent and an Austrian 2 Euro Cent piece but none of these have any special value,despite the year being hidden.

Now I may have missed something. Could it be these are solid gold Euro copies, highly doubt it. Are gold chains more valuable then I think at 14k? Maybe I will stop by Macy's and take a look in person.

Well in the future when you find a gold Euro cent in your change and you wonder why please refer to this post. This also applies to any other low grade coin that seems off metal but still weighs the same as a normal coin.

Side  note: This post was possible because I cannot find the Cambodian money I once had and can no longer locate. I may skip it and go to Cayman Islands coins next.

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

Hi I have a 1988a Web note and would like to know it's value.

A06896928g
Only a horozontial and a middle fold.

Man said...

1988a Web note and would like to know it's value.

A06896928g
Only a horozontial and a middle fold.


About $10.00

Kelly said...

I couldn't imagine wearing gold plated pennies around my neck...this is essentially the same thing. And all in the name of fashion? I'm underwhelmed, especially for that price!

Man said...

And all in the name of fashion? I'm underwhelmed, especially for that price!

Well Macy's tends to be overpriced.