Friday, June 03, 2011

2009 British One Penny

Do you have British penny and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Back in April I found a 2008 British Ten Pence and I suggested that I may find more. This was likely because so many people went to England for the Royal wedding. I assumed tourists would get the change and then come to New York City and just pass them on in change since they are not really collectible.

 

There are six coins needed to finish the puzzle-shield plus a seventh coin that has the full shield.The others may be more difficult to find because of the size/shapes are not as close to their American counterparts.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Penny / Great Britain
Year: 2009
Mintage: 556,412,800 (estimated)
Metal: Copper-Plated Steel
Value: $0.05 in XF

Do you have a coin from Great Britain and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

19 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Kelly said...

As I'm sure has been made well aware by now, I'm not thrilled with what has been done to our coins these days, but I wouldn't mind a puzzle of sorts. That's actually a rather fine idea. Is this the only piece you have to this puzzle?

Man said...

Is this the only piece you have to this puzzle?

No I got the 10 pence I just need 4 more to form the shield.

Kelly said...

Do you obsess about stuff like this, or do you just let it come your way? You seem so easy going...

Man said...

Do you obsess about stuff like this, or do you just let it come your way? You seem so easy going...

--No obsession here, I'm too laid back which is a problem when so many around me are very passionate about causes and stuff.

timothy d said...

I have a GEORGIVS VI D:G:BR: OMN:REX F:D:IND:IMP (one penny) from 1937

Man said...

GEORGIVS VI D:G:BR: OMN:REX F:D:IND:IMP (one penny) from 1937

About $0.20 in fine for this Britsh penny.

Anonymous said...

TWO OF ONE PENNIES

GEORGIVS VI D G BR OMN REX F D IND IMP - 1959

ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA F D - 1967

How much could I sell for each.

Much obliged for a response.

Man said...

ONE PENNIES

GEORGIVS VI D G BR OMN REX F D IND IMP - 1959 ??Not possible recheck the date.

ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA F D - 1967 about $0.05

Anonymous said...

Someone I know that works at the bank gave me a hole bag of foreign coins . I found a lot of Great Britain cents in the bag but I found a 1971 cent and found out that was the first year of the chain crown design . I was wondering how many were made and how much it is worth

ms.tye said...

I just found in the rain penny 2009 what is the value is to keep or not to keep.

Unknown said...

I have one of those but mine is rare with the 3rd dot of crown is literally attached to G and its visible without any magnifier.. I also have a 20 pence 2005 that has extra die on portrait's face,nose and hair? let me know the possible value with it please.

Unknown said...

I do have 0ld penny and 2002,2009 etc and i like to know the price

Algernon Dean Email Indianhillspurewater@yahoo.com said...

I have a 1971 New Penny and a 2009 One Penny, quartershield. I would like to know their value.

I can be contacted on Indianhillspurewater@yahoo.com for more information.

Unknown said...

I have a one penny 2009...has a little cud or something on the harp strings..is it worth anything...in in canada

Unknown said...

I have a 20pence coin with error the year is 2014.. there's like extra metal or what ever th coin is made of on her neck

Unknown said...

Hvilken års tal skal du bruge har en hel jeg ville af med

Unknown said...

I Have lots of Old British coins in Good/Excellent conditions, and from all around the World
Don't know where to start.

2- 1954 British 1/2 Penny with Georgivs VI:G:BR:OMN:REX FIDELDEF.

I am a collector or American Coins,
I also have Old coins from Canada, France Germany Soviet Union

Mike Duvalle

Billing said...

Hi I have Great Britain coins 4 of 2 new pence 1971, and more what is it’s value thanks

Billing said...

Hi I have the Elizabeth 11 reg f.d 20091 penny anyone interested of it thanks.